Outpatient Program Coordinator (Full-time) - Restore Corporate Office
To assist in the day-to-day operations and development of the Restore Therapy Services Outpatient practice and Worker’s Compensation Program.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of post-secondary education and able to read, write and follow oral and written directions.
- Health care related associates or bachelor’s degree or two (2) years’ experience in a related position, preferred.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to work within deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Windows & Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to customers, clients, and work cooperatively with other employees.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this position, with or without accommodations.
- Front office experience in a healthcare setting, preferred
- Healthcare billing experience, preferred
- Medicare benefits knowledge and experience, preferred
- Knowledge of the Medicare FISS system, preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Insurance Verification for Outpatient patients.
- Liaison between patient, responsible parties, therapist, and insurance companies.
- Coordinate and assist with Outpatient Intake including referrals and Physician orders.
- Physician liaison.
- Make Patient Charts.
- Data Entry into Electronic Medical Record system.
- Technical Audits and Medical record audits.
- Coordinate all Outpatient information including tracking logs, documentation requirements, and Patient Information
- Ensure all components of the patient Medical Record are uploaded into the Electronic Medical Record system.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all required documentation, regulatory requirements, insurance requirements, patient information and billing.
- Monitor Missed Visits for all Outpatient Clinics.
- Outpatient/Worker’s Compensation Customer Service.
- Outpatient Support for therapy teams, DOCs, and DROs.
- Mail out marketing supplies as needed from Corporate to management/marketers.
- Worker’s Compensation Verification and Precert Authorization.
- Coordinate and assist with Worker’s Compensation Intake.
- Review/audit and assist with all Worker’s Compensation Billing.
- Worker’s Compensation Liaison between therapy department, physician office, case manager, and adjustor.
- Coordinate all Worker’s Compensation information including tracking logs, documentation requirements, and Patient Information
- Assist with implementation of new processes and programs for the Outpatient practice.
- Liaison with clinical services assistant for outpatient supplies
- Casamba Help Desk back up support
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices):
Walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling, ability to distinguish smell and temperatures, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel, patients, and outside agencies. Ability to present to groups and the ability to remain calm under stress.
Location: Restore Corporate Offices
245 Cahaba Valley Parkway Suite 200 Pelham, AL 35124
Restore's Corporate office is located in the Cahaba Valley Parkway area.