Physical Therapist Assistant (Full-time) - Valley View Health & Rehab (Friday - Monday)
Provide therapy to patients in a SNF setting under the supervision of a Physical Therapist using a variety of therapeutic techniques. Treat patients with respect, dignity, and privacy and motivate them to participate in therapy treatment, while adhering to the plan of treatment established by the Physical Therapist. Use creative therapy interventions specific to the patients’ interests and needs to obtain positive patient outcomes and progress. Participate as an interdisciplinary team member to determine potential patient needs, plans of care, and functional maintenance programs. Accurately complete documentation of patient progress within designated time period. Document clearly to show the medical necessity of the patient care to justify the plan of treatment. Demonstrate the ability to utilize the computer system effectively, adhering to company policy.
- Graduate of a physical therapy assistant curriculum accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Must hold a valid and current license in the state employed.
- A minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience as a licensed physical therapy assistant.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
- Familiarity with general use and functions of the computer; including starting programs, using files, apps, and navigating screens. Use of internet, e-mail, and understanding confidentiality of user names and passwords. Experience with Apple iPads and iPods a plus.
****New graduates welcome for some locations.*****
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Free CEUs
Location: Valley View Health & Rehab
5968 Wall Trina Highway Madison, AL 35758
Valley View Health & Rehab is a 154-bed Skilled Nursing Facility just 15-minutes north of I-565. This long term facility is currently only admitting short term residents for therapy. Our Part A patients discharge back into the community. The Therapy Department has state of the art equipment that most places do not including a tracking system, treadmill, NU Step and OMNIVR Virtual rehabilitation system. There is also a fully equipped OT kitchen and OT bathroom. They have a large therapy team that works diligently together and their teamwork is excellent!